Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy days spent with aliens

I spent yesterday preparing for a forth -coming press trip. I'm flying so have been busy ensuring my luggage is the right size and that my toiletries are in a clear resealable bag ready for inspection at the airport! I've dug out my Dictaphone, typed out my interview questions, gathered together a clutch of biros and recharged the batteries in my camera. I wanted to get everything sorted out in good time so I could spend the rest of this week engaged in the very serious business of finishing my book. It's called The day of the Slorb and is the follow on from Attack of the Animated Aliens (which you can download for FREE on my website). The Slorb, as you've no doubt surmised are aliens. I'm having a wonderful time writing about them; whilst human characters have to conform to certain parameters, aliens can do and say, well, anything. I'm particularly enjoying creating a whole new language for them. I guess the only downside is that I occasionally find myself speaking Slorb out-loud resulting in very strange looks from friends and strangers alike. Ah,well, it's a small price to pay.............

No comments: